English 1100 and English 2367 Information
(These are not A.P. classes and I am not sure why the registration forms contained A.P.)
I am excited to be teaching both classes. Here are links to CSCC website and the descriptions / expectations of the classes:
The syllabus will answer many questions, but here are some answers to questions parents and students have asked me:
- CSCC professors are revising the weekly syllabus, and I do not know what the readings will be.
- There are no summer reading or writing assignments.
- CSCC is paying for the text books this year.
- Evaluations will be writing assignments. The breakdown will be on the syllabus.
- I will be working with a professor, but I do not how closely since this is the first year.
- Being a semester college class, CSCC told us the work load will probably be two hours of homework for every hour of class. However, since it is a three-hour class, I may only be allowed to teach four days. One day will be “office hours.” Students will be with me working independently and/or asking for feedback.
- A student must earn a C or better to receive college credit. There is no test like A.P. exams.